9619 Other Labourers in Processing, Manufacturing and Utilities
This unit group includes labourers, not elsewhere classified, who perform material handling, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities in processing, manufacturing and utilities. They are employed by companies that manufacture products such as clothing, footwear, furniture and electrical and electronic products and by printing and packaging companies.
View all titles
- bindery helper
- box packer
- carton marker
- chair sander
- clothing plant labourer
- electrical products labourer
- film cutter – film processing
- furniture packer
- garment folder
- labourer, shoe manufacturing
- lens blocker
- packager, machine
- seed packager
- sorter, recyclable materials
- upholsterer helper
Labourers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Perform other labouring and elemental activities.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- There is some mobility among occupations in this unit group.
- Progression to machine operating positions is possible with experience.
- Supervisors of labourers in this unit group
9227 Supervisors, Other Products Manufacturing and Assembly