9441 Textile Fibre and Yarn Preparation Machine Operators
Textile fibre and yarn preparation machine operators operate machines to prepare textile fibres or to spin, wind or twist yarn or thread. They are employed by textile companies.
View all titles
- card tender
- opening and blending operator
- slasher operator – textile manufacturing
- spinning operator – textile manufacturing
- twisting operator – textile manufacturing
- warping operator – textile manufacturing
- wool scourer
Textile fibre and yarn preparation machine operators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate and feed machines that wash, mix, blend, pick, card, lap, comb or draw fibres
- Operate and feed yarn texturizing machines
- Operate spinning or twisting frames
- Operate winding or reeling machines
- Patrol work area to check for broken yarns or product defects
- Tie broken threads
- Investigate machine stoppages
- Notify supervisor or mechanic of equipment malfunction
- May assist with maintenance and minor repairs to machinery.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- Several months of on-the-job training may be provided.
- There is considerable mobility among occupations in this group.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Supervisors, Textile Processing