9213 Supervisors, Food, Beverage and Tobacco Processing
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who operate processing machines, and package or grade food, beverage and tobacco products. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing establishments.
View all titles
- HACCP co-ordinator
- brewer supervisor
- foreman/woman, poultry graders
- packaging supervisor
- production supervisor – food and beverage processing
- supervisor, bottling
- supervisor, fish processing
- supervisor, food product testers
- supervisor, meat packing
- supervisor, tobacco processing
- supervisor, vegetable packing
- team supervisor, flour milling
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who process, package, test and grade food, beverage and tobacco products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Post-secondary education in microbiology or chemistry may be required for some positions in this group.
- Several years of experience in the food, beverage or tobacco processing industry are required.
- Hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) co-ordinators require HACCP certification and several years of experience in quality assurance of food production.
- Machine Operators and Related Workers in Food, Beverage and Tobacco Processing
- Managers of food, beverage and tobacco processing
0911 Manufacturing Managers
- Supervisors of meat and fish inspectors
2222 Agricultural and Fish Products Inspectors