6682 Ironing, Pressing and Finishing Occupations
This unit group includes workers who iron, press or otherwise finish garments and household articles. They are employed by dry cleaning, laundry and fur cleaning establishments, and by laundries in hotels, hospitals and similar establishments.
View all titles
- laundry finisher
- pleat finisher
- silk finisher
- steam finisher
Workers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
Workers in this group may specialize in finishing suede, leather, fur and delicate articles.
- Operate finishing equipment such as steam pressers, and use hand irons to finish pants, jackets, shirts, skirts and other dry cleaned and laundered articles
- Hand iron laundered fine lace or dry-cleaned silk garment
- Operate fur ironing and glazing equipment to finish fur garments and other fur articles
- Fold and bag dry cleaned and laundered articles
- May operate laundering equipment.
- Some secondary school education is required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Progression to supervisory dry cleaning and laundry positions is possible with additional training or experience.
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry Occupations
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors