6662 Specialized Cleaners
Specialized cleaners clean and refurbish building exteriors, carpets, chimneys, industrial equipment, ventilation systems, windows and other surfaces, using specialized equipment and techniques. They are employed by specialized cleaning service companies or they may be self-employed.
View all titles
- auto detailer
- building exterior cleaner
- carpet cleaner
- chimney cleaner
- freight car cleaner
- furnace cleaner
- laboratory equipment cleaner
- septic tank cleaner
- upholstery cleaner
- vehicle cleaner
- ventilation system cleaner
- window cleaner
The following is a summary of main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
- Carpet and upholstery cleaners operate cleaning machines to clean carpets, rugs and upholstered furniture on customers' premises or in carpet and upholstery cleaning establishments.
- Chimney cleaners clean soot and creosote from chimneys and fireplaces using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Furnace and ventilation system cleaners clean ducts, vents and filters of furnaces in residences and commercial buildings using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Sandblasters clean building exteriors, tanks, chimneys and industrial equipment using sandblasting, pressurized steam or hydroblasting equipment.
- Vehicle cleaners clean the interior and exterior of automobiles, buses, streetcars, railway cars and subway cars.
- Window cleaners wash and clean interior and exterior windows and other glass surfaces in low-rise and highrise buildings.
- There are no specific education requirements for occupations in this unit group.
- On-the-job training is usually provided.
- Previous experience in a related position may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with additional training or experience.
- Cleaning Supervisors
- Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents
- Light Duty Cleaners