6481 Image, Social and Other Personal Consultants
Image, social and other personal consultants advise clients on their personal appearance, speaking style, manner or other behaviours in order to improve personal or business images. They are employed by beauty salons, fashion boutiques, modelling schools, image consulting companies, or they may be self-employed.
View all titles
- colour consultant, fashion
- etiquette consultant
- fashion and wardrobe consultant
- image consultant
- make-up consultant
- public speaking consultant
- wardrobe consultant
- wedding consultant
- weight loss consultant
The following is a summary of the main duties of some occupations in this unit group:
- Image consultants advise clients on hair colour, hairstyles, make-up, clothing and accessories; may advise on posture, general appearance and manner, and provide courses and seminars on business and social etiquette.
- Make-up consultants advise clients on type, colour and application of make-up.
- Colour consultants advise clients on choice of colours for clothing that will complement their appearance.
- Wedding consultants advise clients on the selection of wedding gowns, floral arrangements, banquet facilities, wedding invitations and other items related to weddings.
- Weight loss consultants administer commercial weight loss programs, advise clients on diet and exercise and provide related support services.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Specialized training courses are available for colour consultants, make-up and skin care consultants, weight loss consultants and most other occupations in this unit group.
- Experience and expertise in fashion, art, modelling or related fields is usually required.
- Cosmeticians and manicurists
6482 Estheticians, Electrologists and Related Occupations
- Hairstylists and Barbers
- Modelling school instructors
4216 Other Instructors