4166 Education Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers
Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer elementary, secondary and post-secondary education policies and programs. They are employed by government departments, school boards, research institutes, professional associations and educational and other organizations throughout the public and private sectors, or they may be self-employed.
View all titles
- co-ordinator, special education
- curriculum developer
- curriculum planner
- education consultant
- education outreach program co-ordinator
- education policy officer
- education program co-ordinator
- education program officer
- education researcher
- language assessor
- supervisor, education policy
Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct research, produce reports and administer education policies and programs
- Evaluate curriculum programs and recommend improvements
- Develop the structure, content and objectives of new programs
- Conduct statistical analyses to determine cost and effectiveness of education policies and programs
- Provide ongoing professional development, training and consultative services to teachers and other professionals throughout the public and private sector
- Develop teaching materials and other resources for program delivery
- Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops and symposia
- May supervise the work of other education policy researchers, consultants or program officers
- May administer specialized testing and assessment programs.
- A bachelor's degree in education or in a discipline such as social science or business administration is required.
- A master's degree in education may be required.
- Specialized training or certification may be required.
- Several years of experience as a school teacher are usually required.
- A teacher's certificate for the province of employment is usually required when employed by provincial education ministries.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.
- College and Other Vocational Instructors
- Educational Counsellors
- Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers
- Government Managers - Education Policy Development and Program Administration
- Psychology research assistants (non-university)
4164 Social Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers
- Secondary School Teachers