1214 Supervisors, Mail and Message Distribution Occupations
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Mail, Postal and Related Clerks
(1461), Letter Carriers
(1462) and Couriers, Messengers and Door-to-Door Distributors
(1463). They are employed by Canada Post Corporation, courier companies, governments and large corporations.
View all titles
- courier service supervisor
- letter carriers supervisor
- mail and postal clerks supervisor
- mail room supervisor
- messenger service supervisor
- postal station supervisor
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of postal clerks, letter carriers and couriers engaged in the collecting, sorting and delivering of mail, parcels and other material
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Several years of experience in the occupation supervised are usually required.
- Postal and Courier Services Managers
- Shipping and receiving supervisors
1215 Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations