8253 Farm Supervisors and Specialized Livestock Workers
Farm supervisors supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers and perform general farm duties. Specialized livestock workers carry out feeding, health and breeding programs on dairy, beef, sheep, poultry and hog farms and may also supervise general farm workers and harvesting labourers.
View all titles
- cattle herdsperson
- dairy herdsperson
- farm foreman/woman
- farm supervisor
- feedlot foreman/woman
- hog operation supervisor
- horse trainer
- poultry farm foreman/woman
- ranch foreman/woman
- swine herdsperson
- vegetable farm foreman/woman
Farm supervisors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers
- Supervise breeding programs and harvest operations
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures
- Maintain quality control and production records
- Perform general farm duties.
Specialized livestock workers perform some or all of the following duties:
Farm supervisors may specialize in dairy, poultry, swine, beef, sheep, fruit, vegetable, mixed, specialty and equine farms.Specialized livestock workers usually specialize in one type of farm animal, such as beef cattle, dairy cattle or swine.
- Formulate a feeding program
- Maintain livestock performance records
- Carry out a pasture or pen breeding program
- Recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
- Train horses
- Perform general farm duties
- May supervise general farm workers and harvesting labourers.
- Farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers may require a college certificate or other specialized training in agriculture or livestock husbandry.
- Agricultural and Related Service Contractors and Managers
- Farmers and Farm Managers
- General Farm Workers
- Harvesting Labourers