Denturists examine patients and design, construct and repair removable dentures. Most denturists work in private practice.
View all titles
- dental mechanic
Denturists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Measure patients' jaws to determine size and shape of dentures required
- Make impressions of patients' teeth, gums and jaws
- Construct dentures or direct other workers to construct dentures
- Fit and modify new dentures
- Repair dentures
- Reline and rebase dentures
- Fabricate mouth protectors, anti-snoring prostheses and removable prostheses on implants
- May prepare partial dentures.
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in denturism/denturology is required.
- An internship in a registered denture clinic may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial regulatory body is required except in Prince Edward Island.
- Dental Assistants
- Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists
- Dental Technologists, Technicians and Laboratory Bench Workers