1215 Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Shippers and Receivers
(1471), Storekeepers and Parts Clerks
(1472), Production Clerks
(1473), Purchasing and Inventory Clerks
(1474), Dispatchers and Radio Operators
(1475) and Transportation Route and Crew Schedulers
(1476). They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
View all titles
- dispatch logistician
- flight crew scheduling supervisor
- freight forwarding logistician
- head dispatcher
- head shipper
- inventory control supervisor
- logistics supervisor – transportation
- parts service supervisor
- production clerks supervisor
- ramp services supervisor – airport
- stock control supervisor
- supervisor, receiving
- supply control co-ordinator
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; co-ordinating production work; dispatching crews; scheduling transportation crews and routes; operating airport ramp servicing vehicles; and other related activities
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience in the occupation supervised are usually required.
- Supervisors, Mail and Message Distribution Occupations