0611 Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers
Sales, marketing and advertising managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial, wholesale and e-business sales, marketing, advertising and public relations. They are employed by commercial, industrial and wholesale establishments, marketing and public relations consulting companies and government departments.
View all titles
- Internet communications manager
- Web communications manager
- Web marketing manager
- advertising director
- advertising manager
- corporate sales manager
- director, communications
- director, media relations
- director, public relations
- fundraising campaign manager
- manager, e-business
- marketing manager
- promotions manager
- regional sales manager
- sales and marketing manager
The following is a summary of main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
- Sales managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of sales departments in commercial, industrial, wholesale and other non-retail establishments.
- Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
- Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
- Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
- E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
Sales and marketing managers
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration or in a related field with a specialization in sales or marketing
Several years of experience as a sales or marketing representative or in a related occupation are required.
Advertising and public relations managers
- A university degree or college diploma in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or in a related field
Several years of experience as an advertising officer, public relations officer or communications officer or in a related occupation are required.
- A university degree or college diploma in a field related to Web site content
Experience in Web site design, interactive media development, data administration or information systems analysis or experience related to Web site content are usually required.
- Progression to senior management positions is possible with experience.
- Professional Occupations in Public Relations and Communications
- Retail Trade Managers
- Retail Trade Supervisors
- Senior Managers - Trade, Broadcasting and Other Services, n.e.c.
- Supervisor of Technical Salespersons
6221 Technical Sales Specialists - Wholesale Trade
- Wholesale Trade Representatives Supervisor
6411 Sales Representatives - Wholesale Trade (Non-Technical)